This Effective Job Search course is part of an employability suite which will help learners search for and secure employment.
Searching for a job is time-consuming and can often be frustrating. It can be difficult to know where to start looking for jobs or how to proceed. It’s easy to get discouraged and demotivated while job searching; the longer your search goes on, the more hopeless it can seem.
This module will help learners to; keep their job search on track by increasing their job search skills, stay positive, and be more successful at finding and applying for the jobs suited to them.
On completion of this module, learners will understand:
- How and where to search for jobs;
- How to use potential job sources;
- The importance of researching the job market;
- How skills and interests might relate to job roles;
- The importance of networking to personal and career progression;
- How to sell themselves in the employment market;
- The importance of different methods of applying for a job: CV, cover letter, application form, interview; and
- Why it is important to tailor applications.
Areas covered include:
- Understand How and Where to Search for Jobs
- Understand How to Use Potential Job Sources
- Understand the Importance of Researching the Job Market
- Know about Opportunities in Learning and Work
- Understand How Skills and interests Might Relate to Job Roles
- Understand the Importance of Networking to Personal and Career Progression
- Know How to Sell Yourself in the Employment Market
- Understand the Important of Different Methods of Applying for a Job
- Know Why it is Important to Tailor Applications
This Effective Job Search module is suitable for individuals specifically the transient unemployed, Further Education Colleges and Private Training Providers.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.